Monday, July 26, 2010

Week of July 25th

This has been a particularly poignant and difficult week for our congregation with a loss of two of our church family.  The Johnson family grieves the loss of their Father, Dallas but celebrates knowing he is HOME with the Lord.  Richard Allen as well, leaves behind his wife Zdena.  Details of their services follow this week’s message. 

I was not there to hear the word as it was delivered today by Betty – but I had my husband record it so I could post it here to share with you, and I have just listened to it now.  I’ve been struggling lately and there seems to be so many things going on and constantly changing and I feel like I’m in water over my head some days – but I’ve found such love and support exactly through this time.  I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me and I wish I could put my finger on it, that it was something “tangible” that I could just deal with, but then the enemy works just in this way – in the background, insidiously, just tainting everything we see and do so that we doubt, second guess and are robbed of “The Joy of the Lord”  I’m so grateful for today’s message all the more for it speaks right into the situation.  Perhaps it will do the same for you.  Just click the “Play” button to enjoy!

Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io

Events:

The Johnson family are holding a memorial for Dallas on Tuesday, July 27th in their home at 18 Larkspur Place starting at 2 in the afternoon and running into the early evening.  This will be an informal time of celebrating the life of Dallas.   Please call Al Johnson at 250-495-5133 if you should need  more information.

There will be a service for Richard Allen held at the Osoyoos Christian Centre on Friday, July 30th at 1:00.  250-495-2550

No comments: