Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Don't Wanna!


1062449_sad_snot-nosed_kid

I have to admit that blogging is a real effort for me today.  Do you ever feel this way?  

Sometimes even the very things I enjoy doing become an effort.  I like all things artistic - photography, painting, graphics, but some days its a real struggle to make myself get interested.  Usually when I get feeling this way I simply DON'T do these things.  When it comes to artistic stuff its almost impossible to FORCE creativity.  And if one has a choice then perhaps its best NOT to push yourself.  

However, this said, if you have chosen to use one of your talents as a ministry, that's different.   When its a ministry you WILL be attacked.  Sometimes it will feel like its an uphill bat  All your thoughts will be elusive, scrambled and you will feel so weak.  Your mind will be muddled and you might feel doubts about what you are doing.  Whereas when you began your ministry feeling energized, inspired and excited - you might now be feeling weary, discouraged and dry. 

This is when you must push forward in the knowledge that if you pray and walk in faith that God WILL supply.  Be confident that there is purpose in your ministry! 

No matter how dark it seems - He will provide light.  

1212432_lighthouse
 
Genesis 1:3 (New International Version)
3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
And no matter how heavy your burden seems - He will help you carry it.  

987227_street_child_2

Psalm 68:19 (New International Version)
19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior,
       who daily bears our burdens.
       Selah

And no matter how weary you feel - he will give you rest.  


780737_born_to_pray

Matthew 11:28 (New International Version)
28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Imagine what it might be like if everyone who had a ministry gave up when faced with adversity?  

I often think our our Pastors in this situation.  Though I am certain they too must get tired of the same-old, Sunday in and Sunday out, but they carry on.  They cannot afford the luxury to choose not to come to Church one Sunday because they are too tired or disenchanted.  How challenging it must be to deliver a heartfelt message when they themselves are experiencing a lassitude.  It happens to all of us.  Even Jesus became weary of us humans - how could our Pastors be any less at times?  

I made myself blog today.  I'm ashamed to say that but I think its best to be honest.  Sometimes you wonder who will read it - will it really make a difference to someone?  

But the most important reason that I am here today, writing this to share it with you is because I have NO doubt that the Lord allowed me to do this for my ministry.  Therefore I KNOW that this blog is of value.  Just because I cannot SEE the results does not mean they are not happening.  And sometimes ministries are like this.  They are not here for ME to see, they are here to PROVIDE a service.  If one takes on a ministry its imperative that one keeps it current.  I'm not doing this for ME, I am doing this for the Lord. 

And being discouraged has opened my heart to want to be an ENCOURAGEMENT to others.  It causes me to wonder how others get through these dry times and it makes me want to be a help where I am able.   

I'd love for you to leave a comment if you are able - no need to register, simply click on the word COMMENTS below and you will be able to type a message.  Tell me what you would like to see here.  I'd love for you to share your thoughts, poems, photos etc as well.  

I still have a couple of entries which did not get published over the summer - provided by Elaine, and I will post them in the coming weeks if I am able.  I was unable to attend church this past Sunday as our daughter was visiting and I won't be this coming Sunday as my sister is visiting - but I will try to have my Mr. bring home the bulletin so can add some upcoming events and news.  

SH105550

As always, I will be online on MSN Messenger Chat this evening between 7 and 8 pm if you are able to join us for an hour of 'sharing and prayering'   If you would like to join us, send me an email at occwomenonline@gmail.com and I'll give you instructions on how to get set up! 

~ Barb


1 comment:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

I know what you mean.Dry times are hard to go through..but we do get through them and you just never know whom the Lord will send to read your posts.They may not comment..but they have left with inspiration.:)Some plant the seed and others water ..but God causes the increase!!:)

Keep looking up!

Hugs,
Valinda